PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321 AAIB Report: Mayday/emergency landing due to fuel additive error
Old 24th Apr 2020, 09:54
TelsBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
I do agree that stipulating a heavy engineering operational instruction in ppm is almost deliberately making things difficult. But we can extend our discussion of "cheap" to the maintenance manual production, where once upon a time a professional in house technical documentation author would never have simplistically written it like that. Instead outsource the production, again to the low bidder, and they will just whack in the product manufacturer's spec sheet without consideration.
I worked in a previous life for an avionics manufacturer that used to have professional spec writers, employed solely to write test procedures, manuals etc. In other words, they'd take what the boffins and bods would give them and translate it into something legible for those of us of a more... average... intelligence. That's long gone and when I was there the production engineers themselves had to write the specs, procedures and manuals. I think its the same across all industries.