PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the future of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2020, 09:16
TelsBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deltasierra010
In the U.K. the ban on all non “essential” journeys is not quite accurate, you are allowed to go to work if you “need” to, initially the building industry did continue but then the lawyers stopped it for fear of being sued for illness, then the supply industries shut down also. This week there are quite a few companies gearing up a return, due to customer pressure needing goods. It’s the social distancing advice that is going to cause problems and the “furlough” -( time off work on 80% pay), many don’t want to return they are happy doing nothing on 80% pay.

In theory if social distancing can be maintained there is no reason why flying cannot resume along with outdoor sports like golf and cycling, wearing masks would reinforce this change, the problem in the UK is there are not enough masks for the hospitals, never mind the public
In theory yes, that is the common sense approach. But there isn't much common sense around. I believe that pressure is increasing on the Govt every day to ease the lockdown due to the damage being done. People's lives are absolutely important but the biggest damage is being done to the majority by the economic catastrophe enforced upon them which quite frankly makes any virus look piddling in comparison. There has to be a balance struck somewhere. I respect the scientists as they are the experts and I am an ignoramus - the extent of my medical knowledge being 1st Aid - however everyone needs to be listened to and life must go on in some form or another. Life is all about trade-offs.