PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2020, 08:11
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CEJM
YCash refund is clearly available on the website. I just requested 4 refunds for flights departing between 6 days and 18 days away. So no sleight of hand going on, you just need to do your research better.

I will help you on your way. ”.
Thanks, but I don't need your help! You haven't told me anything I hadn't found for myself. (Although I'm not sure how you can request a refund 18 days out, as that isn't available via the CoVid Help pages)

But I still maintain they are trying to mislead the less aware traveller. Two days before they are going to formally cancel my flight, they sent an e-mail which offers me change options, or a voucher. I accept, that the change option could be good for some people, as there are no fees or fares differences. I suspect, at that point, many people will just take one of those options, not realising the refund option will open up later i.e. 7 days before departure. But you have to find that option for yourself.

When you enter the 'Covid-19 Help' pages, you have to negotiate your way through 5 mouse clicks and multiple choice pages, choosing the 'correct' option at each stage, before you find a page on which the word 'Refund' appears anywhere. Even then, it is in a size and font deliberately chosen so you might miss it.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/co...ne-support/q13

I do understand they are desperate to retain cash, but this elaborate effort to conceal the Refund options, must be pretty close to an act of deception.