PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Papillon ship down in Grand Canyon - $38 million settlement
Old 22nd Nov 2003, 14:02
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Steve,

So many things can go wrong with helicopters, their bodies and parts are usually under so much stress that I would really hate to have to fly in one that has been crashed and repaired. I don't doubt the guys in NZ are great at rebuilding crashed machines, its just if I had company that whenerever there is an accident it becomes a really high profile matter, I would not risk purchasing a crashed helicopter just to save money, the report says the engine was developing power at the time of the accident, it all points to a loss of control and we will probably never know what caused the problem.

In our hangar we have what used to be Harrison Ford's Long Ranger, (you can see a pic in my webpage) its a beautiful machine, it has autopilot and a bunch of goodies, BUT it has been wrecked the dude himself and I steer clear of flying that thing.

There is a good reason damaged helis are much cheaper than their healthy counterparts.