PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Flying Badges
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 22:25
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Last month , in RAF Squadrons Receive Battle Honours from Her Majesty The Queen you wrote, "I think its (sic) bizarre at this particular moment - no doubt someone deep int he UK MoD is beavering away on these important task", following which I asked, "Bizarre in what particular respect, dare I ask? Good news is surely good news, irrespective of the timing and perhaps particularly at present, and it seems likely that, rather than put them on ice, DSSec had recently passed on HM's approval of these honours for publication for the benefit of those who justly earned them."

In the same thread, you subsequently said, "Working on handing out honours is a bit of luxury at any time I'd have thought.................", following which Rheinstorff said, "You couldn’t be more wrong. Recognising gallantry, dedication, determination, fortitude etc is a very worthy activity. It inspires others to do incredible things too. All part of military (fighting) ethos.", then I wrote, "Firstly "bizarre" and now a "bit of a luxury" - perhaps I'm misinterpreting the guidance at the top of the page, but that's certainly bizarre in my view...." and finally Herod wrote, "Tell me, Asturias, have you ever been under enemy fire?".

For some reason, and as far as I can see, you don't appear to have responded to any of these points and now you say:
Originally Posted by Asturias56
astonishing that someone is employed to think about badges........... it was never an option my careers master ever mentioned........ nor was it ever on those Posters "Join the RAF - become a trained badge designer..."
I should therefore be most grateful if, as well as responding to posts instead of just firing them sarcastically into the air in the Military Aviation forum, you could kindly explain exactly what it is that you have against honours and tri-service uniform matters, both of which are considered important to those who serve or have served in uniform, and the resulting staff work of this nature which is necessarily carried out in both cases by exactly by the same departments in the MOD, coordinated finally by ACDS (Personnel Capability) in his capacity as Defence Services Secretary, before submission for the approval of HM The Queen?

Jack