PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former Ansett workers settle payments dispute
Old 22nd Nov 2003, 12:05
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts
Well, bully for you E.P.!

Woo-Hoo! You are so clever & the rest of us dummies can only stand in awe of your intelligence!

Perhaps English isn't your first language & that's why you had totally missed my point, in which case, fair enough.

Now, have another read of what I've typed & tell me where I "dissed" you for suggesting a settlement.

My ire was directed at;
Do the ground staff even realise that they are screwing their former workmates
Your shallow attempts at discrediting the work of certain groundstaff who have been trying to dissuade NSP Buck from this legal action was, frankly, insulting! There are no groundstaff, that I'm aware of, who have been active in promoting this unecessary action.

Not ONE nor ANY collective group of ground staff member(s) have made any formal (read legal) attempt to have the Plan trustees cease action or settle.
And who told you this? The trustees? Well, I'm sure they wouldn't tell you a fib, would they?

I believe however, that like the majority of ground staff, you are betting on the big payout from the court case.
This speaks volumes about you & your charachter. If you truly were at Ansett, then I'm embarrassed.

I'll attach a part of just one of many e-mails that have been sent (this one was not by me) by former groundstaff members, in relation to ending this matter. Perhaps, you could enlighten us on the action you have taken...apart from calling Michael Tilley?

The objective of section 14(6) of the SRC Act is to limit the complaints that the Tribunal can review to complaints about decisions that concern individual members, not decisions that have a fund-wide application because they relate to the overall management of the fund or because they concern all members of the fund or whole classes of members.
Phil McGrath
Superannuation Complaints Tribunal