PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321 AAIB Report: Mayday/emergency landing due to fuel additive error
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 13:11
STN Ramp Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bvcu
Despite all the engine start issues that preceded this there is no mention of a tech log entry. !
BVCU I am not a pilot or engineer but I have to call you out on this, either you have not read the report or you have chosen to ignore the report to make a point.

Flight 1 ~ Stansted to Gatwick, Engine number 1 required more than one attempt to start, there is no mention in the report about a tech long entry.

Flight 2 ~ Gatwick to Krakow ~ the report says there were no issues and therefore no requirement for a tech log entry

Flight 3 ~ Krakow to Gatwick, ~ Page 3 of the report line 3 states the commander recorded the defect in the tech log and paragraph 2 line 4 that the engineer signed the certificate of release to service.

Flight 4 ~ Gatwick to Stansted ~ there is no mention of a tech log entry and the report does not cover the actions after landing but I would think the call to the AAIB would have been a reasonable substitute for a tech log entry in any case.