PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 12:00
FlexToga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Newcomer2
If you can show me where I said it was good money, be my guest.
But I just don't like false information to be spread by people who obviously have something personal against the company. If you're paying 20% of swiss taxes on top of the 35% in Romania, it means you're a Captain (single with no kids), not an FO or SFO who will pay maximum around 5% of swiss taxes. Why do you take the day off rate for SFOs then?
As for your congratulations to fly cheap, you fly/flew for Wizz, so you are definitely not in the position to say anything.

You are trying to show how great is the payment for a day off, its giving the impression at least of that. False information where? I explained properly how you get the numbers. I donīt have anything against the company, I am just explaining how it is and how they work. If what we write is not pleasant is not because of us, it's because of the company itself. Secondly, you are writing as an example the compensation of an F/O or SFO to fly in a day off, you are kidding right?... ..their salaries are at the same level of someone working for TESCO as supermarket cashier or lower...if you don't take into account that they need to pay back an usurer amount of money for their type ratings. Is it false as well? is it something against the airline? No, those are facts. I would feel ashamed to put as an example the amount of money they get, mentioning they just get discounted just a 5%, otherwise they would not even be able to pay their rentals and bills ( some of them they were eating everyday the awful food given in the airplane, even taking them at home because they were simply short, when those meals have been rolling around the airplane for more than 8 hours at room at 25 degrees).Is it false as well? I would love to hear your answers regarding the information above. I worked in WZZ and luckily for very short time some years ago meanwhile I was finding something else, like everyone else who was not Hungarian, Polish or Romanian, and yes I am in the position to say anything regarding WZZ because those are the facts about how they treat their employees. By the way I never flew in a day off, as my phone for the airline was switched off in my non-duty days.

Last edited by FlexToga; 23rd Apr 2020 at 13:01.