PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair seek Govt. bailout
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 10:14
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Flapsupbedsdown;10760013]
Originally Posted by macdo
Less sure of that than I was a few days ago. Just been listening to the UK Chief Medical Officer telling us that social distancing restrictions, in one form or another, will be with us into 2021. How does that work with 200 people crammed into a narrow body jet? Less seats? Must equal very much more expensive tickets. Those cheap flights for a stag night in Prague look very far away just now.[/QUOTE

If average is 60 euro we are talking about roughly 90 euro which is 50% more for a 180 seater, what do you rate much more?
Its a fair question and a 50% uplift has been mentioned as a likely price increase to take out the center seat pax. I don't claim to know how much of a price increase will create a drag on sales, but I bet every airline has an algorithm to work it out. If O'leary says it will not be worth operating the airline with a 50% price rise, I'd tend to believe him. The travelling public, Brits in particular, are very price sensitive over air fares. Speaking for myself, if I can visit my friends in Paris for £100 return for a weekend, I would. At £150, maybe, but less often. That thought process alone defeats the pile it high/sell it cheap business model of the loco's.