PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321 AAIB Report: Mayday/emergency landing due to fuel additive error
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 08:21
Salusa

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by esscee
So what "comedian" of an engineer did it then? Which company and who/where was the supervisor? Talk about basic error! Should not be working on aircraft, take their licence away, if they had one!
A reactive and unhelpful post. Now whilst the engineer may have been at fault I'm sure they did not go out of the way to make an error, no matter how serious.

Now whilst I agree that maybe the engineer did not have sufficient, knowledge and training to prevent this incident what was the root cause?

It's my opinion and only mine that gaining a B1 EASA licence is really just an matter of jumping through the right hoops and paying your money. The NCAA's within EASA are not to the same standard as each other with regards to acceptance, training and experience for engineer licencing.

The individual(s) obviously have to take some responsibility for thier actions or lack of but demanding an instant lynching is at best unhelpful.