PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tough times ahead
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 06:44
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer
That would be great news for us all if the market does stage a recovery.
However I have been hearing an awful lot about this potentially worse second wave in the past few days. From what I saw on the news the other day the CDC in the US is all but expecting it now, alarmist? that is entirely possible.
Assuming we don't get hit with this in the near term, your theory could be spot on...if we do get it, I think all bets are off for the industry to even begin to slightly recover for a long time.

Truly truly hope this isn't the case, like most all of you, I miss my old office.
I think the risk of a second wave may be country specific. It may just be the importation of more virus carriers back into the country than a true second wave. As far as the US goes their second wave will probably be a second spike that occurs when certain parts of the country decide that money is more important than lives and re-open to re-spread the virus.

In Australia we've taken a more sensible approach and should be close to no new infections soon so a return to near normal Domestic and possibly trans Tasman flying should be possible by year's end. International will take longer, and probably much longer for the USA.