PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 04:37
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meester proach
Not at all, I want to reach a certain level of renumeration for my services . That is limited by the role I play and my value to the employer. What do you think you should be paid ? A million dollars ?it’s just not up there......

for instance the guy who thought $110 dollars to be a 747 cruise pilot and thought that was ok, I don’t think that’s ok....

A lot of 737 captains joined NAS as 787 FOs or “ relief captains “ and it worked out for most of them with quick upgrades -
but it’s a risky move .
I believe the current LHS salaries in UK and much of Europe are to low (before Covid 19) Now after, for some time you have to be happy you just have a job. I think most of us can understand this kind of situations.

The step up from SFO to Captain is a joke with regards to pay, taking into account the higher tax bracket you end up in.
Using a company like Wizz as one of the worst, base pay is 45.000 Euros for a Captain, the remainder is made up by sector pay, which from the guys I know gives them pretty good pay, when they of course fly, which is a dangerous system to have.

Considering that we need to take into account such periods where companies will suddenly tell us, they are not going to pay us for 2 - 3 - 4 months, we should be getting significant higher salaries in the good times, so we are able to build up extra funds for crisis like this.

Considering increase of cost of living the last decade, we are getting less and less for our money.
In the past I ran my own company, and worked much less and made much more money than someone currently in the LHS in Europe working like a dog, and having £5500 a month.

Considering how business was before Covid 19, we were at least 20 - 30 % below the level of pay we should be on. Such a pay increase can be related to companies profits.

I agree there are other things more important than money, but I believe the remuneration have regressed massively the last decade.