PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 03:13
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by go123
I guess they’ve been missing out on a higher salary by staying at the regionals
The flip side is they're also missing out on zero salary by staying at Regionals.

Tag & Release is a mess, and unfortunately, I feel the ego's of some of the "masterminds" behind it are getting in the way of a resolution. Because to solve a problem, you're admitting the problem exists in the first place....

As dctPub has already said, if the Tag & Release Pilots are indeed the same as any other Jet Pilot on LWOP then they should be paid Redundancy. Any other Jet Pilot on LWOP would be paid it regardless of their employment status so why are T&R Pilots any different?
If however, they are not the same as a Jet Pilot on LWOP and thus not entitled to the Redundancy Payout, then they were not made redundant and should not have preferential right to re-employment over current Jet Pilots.

I'd say a certain Air NZ exec who was pushing for this is quietly crapping his pants at how much his wet dream might end up costing the company if they're forced to pay Redundancy to 108 Pilots they aren't actually making Redundant. Which is exactly what will happen (according to the CEA) if the Ratification Ballot fails. (The amendment to Redundancy pay for T&R Pilots is part of the package out for ratification. We cannot pick and choose which clauses we want and which we don't).

Originally Posted by dctPub
I don't know about that. I would have thought the highest pay step in the Links is more than years 1-4 in Air NZ. Maybe that's why some haven't come across sooner? Take a pay cut to come live in one of the most expensive cities in the world?
Yes and no. Lots of variables. ATR Command base I believe is higher than SO, lower then F20 (year 4) but I don't think they get IP.