PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 22:23
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by weemonkey
Thank you for your good wishes we both are slowly recovering, fatigue is the main issue that and the cough...

I will admit that I posted in a somewhat tired and emotional state however.. "Retribution" a bit strong for some of you?
Say that to the families of the 17,000 plus who have perished already in the UK.
Some on here do seem to be detached from that awful growing figure. Racedo, pax Britannia et al please remind us of the 911 death toll....

Personally I think the CCP is on it's last legs.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if in the coming year(s) they find their stranglehold on information removed by a constellation of 30k cubesats...

And if their adventures of the far side of the moon (remember that) were to suddenly fall silent~~oh dear what a shame never mind....
I know 12 people personally in a number of countries who have already died from this, including the dad of a secondary school classmate who I knew well whose mother also has it. Last Sunday at the Catholic church I attend we prayed online for 3 people whom I know from attending there who died last week, this weekend I expect similar if not worse numbers.

One of my closest friends is a GP who gets suited up to see a patient but not sure they will have enough PPE next week but you know what they will still go, she has not seen her son in 5 weeks, my best mates daughter is doing minimum 80 hr weeks in Covid wards in London hoping if she gets it she will survive and a lot of Phillipino nurses I know either by name or as friends of friends who attend same church are on the front line at hospitals in Surrey.

Yet somehow because we don't want blood spilled we are "detached".