PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321 AAIB Report: Mayday/emergency landing due to fuel additive error
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 20:52
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by 2Planks
The reverend. I initially thought the same about the stall thing, but the interim report does state an engine stall warning was displayed. A new one on my, any 'Bus driver out there that could elaborate please?
Not unique to Airbus - the newer Boeing designs will pop an EICAS message for an engine stall if it's unrecoverable or repetitive stalls - driven by logic in the FADEC.

Ivor, you just embarrassed yourself. Lomapaseo is far from a spectator - I suspect he's forgotten more about big turbofan engines than you'll ever know. At the risk of putting words in loma's mouth, like me, he's rather surprised that excessive much additive in the fuel could cause an engine malfunction/stall so quickly (long term effects - as residue builds up the fuel metering unit - is different). So we're hoping that the investigation would include testing with high levels of the anti-fungal additive - rig testing and full scale engine tests - to determine the exact effects and if the additive was in fact the root cause.