PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 18:54
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Branson has an emotional attachment to VS, so hopefully, something will happen. A real shame, VS had turned a corner in recent years and about to become profitable then focus on expansion. A rather depressing thought that the only UK carrier out of LHR will be BA. I still think VS will find the money. Otherwise, I look forward to the new airline that steps in and takes over from Virgin. I'm sure the new airline will have amazing Ts and Cs and won't use agencies/contract pilots thus further degrading our industry...not.

Interestingly, everyone (UK public, not this forum) seems very concerned about a loan of £500m of public money, but I wonder if these same people are that vocal and against £106 billion spend on HS2. A complete farce.

Also interesting that the government have told Wizz Air they qualify for the Covid Financing Facility. A non-UK company with 1.5 billion in the bank. Regardless if Wizz has a UK subsidiary or not, if we're going by the mantra that the parent should have the responsibility over it's children (Branson and Virgin) surely the same should apply.