PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 18:01
SSDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by truckflyer
I guess you are one of those guys who rather want to lower you expectations to be able to fly?

Please, just let it continue the downward spiral, it does not matter, you probably think like some other big bosses, that pilots are overpaid.
It's not only in the USA where they get paid $300.000, much of Asia Captains also on these kind of salaries, $250.000 - $300.000, while in the EU, well we all know, how it is here.

120.000 Euro for a Captain is pretty poor, compared to USA and Asia. I can get more in Asia flying Cargo as an FO.
120.000 Euros? Were did that number come from? Are we still talking about NAS? To clarify - I was talking pounds.... SHORT HAUL!

And 17 year as an FO. Wow That sure is a long time without any real progression! But if command times are getting lower it sounds like it's moving in the right direction. I'm still looking for any info on a BA SH skipper salary out of Gatwick on his or hers second year in the left seat.

Also, remember that the salary I earned as stated above was from 2 years ago now. I see that the salary has gone up since apparently.

I don't understand your comment on the Asian or American wages. I think most of us think it's great that our collegues across the pond have been able to get it that high. The european market is just different, being full of different countries and all............

We can all (try) and go to asia for the big money, but in most peoples cases it's a tradeoff of time. As I have said before. A job is more than the sum of the money you make. Fixed roster, being at home or just having a great day out daily can all be very important factors.