PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 17:55
FlexToga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarryMG
Gyus, let's not spread misinformation here.
First of all - the bonus for flying from OFF is currently around 60/100/200 EUR for FO/SFO/CPT respectively. So 150EUR for flying from off is nothing special.
Second - if you are on local contract, you get all the sick pays etc. as per the local law. So don't blame the company, blame the local NHS. If you're on Confair, YOU are responsible for paying taxes, health insurance etc. wherever you seem appropriate. So again, if you don't get a proper sick pay, blame either your NHS wherever you're paying taxes, or blame yourself for dodging payments. Also nobody forces anybody to go on Confair, you can always go local and get proper health insurance.

I'm not saying Wizz is perfect, far from it - but at least please get the facts straight.
Those figures you mention are before taxes...in the best scenario you be discounted around 40% in the worst up to 60%. Is just a miserable figure what is left after that. In local contract you DON’T get all sick leaves payed. I dont know in which country are you assigned but in Romania if you get sick on weekends the company directly doesn’t pay you, plus if you get sick in week days you need to proof through a really complex procedure that you were sick, Dr. Certificate + conversion by the health house + wait for 2 weeks for that conversion + give to the BC + BC signature + send to payroll department...a nightmare.( I am in a base, with two airplanes in the north of the country ) My BC is well known for not sending those reports to the company because he is never in the office but playing golf in stead off. The same BC was Intimidating with calls and meetings in the office to pilots who called fatigued. So I can confirm that in a small base with 2-3 airplanes when people is calling fatigue it means to be on trouble.