PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annual expired
Thread: Annual expired
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 17:12
sharpend

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jmmoric
You'll be out flying again in no time.

There are people who will never get that chance again, if we're not carefull.
If my aeroplane is at a maintenance base and safe there, personally I would not collect it, unless it is sitting out in the open deteriorating in bad weather. So, even though it was due an Annual, it did not go. The logistics to collect an aeroplane from a maintenance base involves a drive to the maintenance base, then whoever took you there has to drive home/ or collect you from your own base. To me that imposes a big risk; not only might the flight end with a problem involving emergency services and hospital, but your car might break down on one of its 3 journeys. That may then result in you both sitting next to the AA man in the recovery truck; yes that is the man who may have the virus. OK, not a huge risk any of that is. But, if like me, you are a vulnerable person, catching the virus may result in death. A 'bit of fun' in an aeroplane is not worth the risk. You do what you like, but please don't infect the NHS staff.

C172Navigator By the way, I find your quote 'it is about time the government gave up with this nonsense' quite interesting... The government are trying to save lives, not pander to the whims of those who wish to enjoy flying. I personally do not think what the government is doing is 'nonsense'. OK, it may not have made all the right decision at the right time, but easy to poke fingers and criticise. If we all self isolated, then the virus would disappear sooner and you can get back to your 'Fun'. Being locked up is miserable, but dying in hospital is hardly fun.