PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 13:15
Meester proach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Greens
BA. I was earning more than that as a 777 FO without any day off payments. That really just isn’t anyway acceptable for a 787 Captain. It’s embarrassingly poor.

TBH, if you are earning that as an FO you are overpaid.

the job of LH capt day in day out, is about £120kworth I think - that’s my opinion though. There are some obscene payments for US legacy captains 300k dollars plus - that’s just ridiculous for what is generally a fairly straightforward routine job - I mean to be paid more than a surgeon / prime minister etc...

Theres always been those who play the long game for ( eventually) the big money - BA FOs who can wait a decade and a half for a sniff of a command. And then the rest - I prefer an earlier command as I find that part of the job the most interesting now and it’s the puzzle I like to try and solve everyday

But we digress - I’m not getting into contracts, pay, who’s got the biggest watch and the smallest....it’s irrelevant , what I’m interested in is NAS news and whether they make it or not . If you have a negative view , hold it to yourself for now , as they fight for survival - otherwise you’ll be a bit like the bully in the playground kicking the kid that’s already on the floor