PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 11:12
FlipFlapFlop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larki. I do tend to agree that the MPL is not the best in these circumstances and most of us warned against this as opposed ATPL. Hence my earlier comment about staying close to Easy. I do not necessarily agree with the doom and gloom merchants that surface whenever **** happens. I am now an Easy captain and have serious concerns about the near future but I have been flying for 14 years and in that time had several setbacks that seemed terminal to my career at the time. There will be downsizing and some airlines will be gone. Some will not have the financial clout to survive. On the other hand many will survive and those will be looking to get back to high pax capacity as soon as they can. Easy, I would consider, are well placed to see out the storm and bounce back quickly. A lot will depend on a covid vaccine. If one does emerge this year the travelling public will be back and those airlines that have survived will be looking for capacity. So, in my view, pain now but the future is not as dark as some will have you believe. Just tell your son to be patient.