PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 03:13
here_we_go_again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
I don't think it's exclusively a Seniority problem. There was a group of RNZAF Pilot who were told Tag & Release would not effect them... actually I believe all those interviewed during a certain window were told Tag & Release would be coming into effect on XYZ Date so anyone starting before that date would be ahead of them. Unfortunately that's not what happened.
That's not quite what HR told us. To quote from their email.

"The Career Pathways group understands that applicants to Air New Zealand would like to understand any potential impact on them. The group has confirmed that anyone who attends the Air New Zealand Jet Recruitment Assessment Centre in July, August and September 2018, is successful and accepts a position offered, will be added to the Jet Seniority List prior to the addition of the Regional Seniority List."

The bolding is mine.

As we know, the RSL DID NOT ever get added to the bottom of the Jet list. Sure, some link pilots did join under their programme but is that really that much of an issue? Are we actually suggesting that, for example, in the ol' Us of A, people get prissy because a class for 25 started half a month before them and "I didn't know about that" and "I'm lower down the list now and that's unfair."

Let's talk facts, not supposition.