PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 00:33
FGE319

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by larki
Hi there
although I am not a pilot I am the father of a 21year old who went down the road of mpl training with easyjet and completed his full training plus simulator at gatwick on airbus a320 only to have his contract voided bu easyjet three days before his base training to get his licence, I know these are unprecedented times but he was so close to getting his licence and now it has left him with a £125k bill to pay and no job, We are also concerned about how long his certification will last before it will need renewing, he has got a reply from BALPA who cannot really help in the present circumstances.
I'm also sorry to hear your situation.

If I were him, I'd be looking to transfer the MPL to a frozen ATPL, likely get some hours in by instructing, and applying for every Cadetship going. It will happen, it may sadly just be a while. Captain here, but I've just lost a job offer (but luckily hadn't handed in my notice yet), so fully understand your frustration..

Following qualification and before getting a job, I worked several jobs. It took about 2 years for me to find something, and I was training during 2001, so hopefully under worse circumstances than now.