PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 14:11
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tallaonejuliet
I'd love to see your CV for sure, but it really does look like we should all bow to your superior knowledge of our industry gained on google, days at a perimeter fence and aviation websites by the looks of it.
Your assumption about how fiscal policy works in a Crown Dependency is enough for me, I struggled to understand it and I've lived on two of them for many years.
Try and keep the fantasy to a minimum, the Sun are always on PPrune looking for a story!
There is no superior knowledge, and I'm too short to be a spotter but when an airline is privately owned, sometimes instead of just hanging on hope you need to look at the viable alternatives, having lived in the Bailiwicks there is nothing the States would love more than to get an ACMI / Charter or fully underwritten call to keep all of their aircraft, crews and staff busy if UK Gov PLC is guaranteeing the risk, as they were due to make a circa £19 mill loss this year anyway... but it changes nothing for them as the States will just keep ploughing coin in whether they fly or sunbathe...... You carry on looking through your rose-tinted specs that Loganair is immune from failure in this current global situation. Stay well

Wanna - Yes well aware of how it works - but HMG UK PLC has a defined financial mechanism for working with the Crown Dependencies. So when dealing with such a toxic issue as airlines and most being privately owned - the appetite for risk is mitigated when there is one, where no UK taxpayer is going to be able to blame them or hold them to account for propping up a 'private airline' that is owned by wealthy individuals who no longer want to make themselves poor by owning it now that it is no longer making money and they failed to save for a rainy day!