PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IEA Inter European Airways
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 12:00
jetstream7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh... IEA.

Enjoyed a few flights with them. Cabin service was good, aspired to be better than some of the other bucket and spade carriers.

From Bristol to Izmir in 1988 - realised that the captain looked a bit familiar - it was the Chief Pilot Robert Seed who was pictured in the inflight magazine. En route is mentioned the Battle of Britain as we returned to UK airspace
On arrival to BRS it took a little while for the ground handlers to get unloading going - he came out of the cockpit and tore into the handling agent. Whole plane fell silent...probably not the way to let your frustrations out...
The following year I flew from Cardiff to Zakinthos - there was an extra staff member on the flight - not cabin crew, not flight crew, but very interestested in what was going on. I realised later it was one of the senior guys with the airline - Sean/Shaun something or other.
Finally, in 1991 I flew from Cardiff again, this time to Tenerife. I knew the aircraft would have been used out of Cardiff a lot as 'CCFC forever' was scratched into the seat in front...

Aspro Holidays / IEA were great for the travel industry in South Wales / South West, as they would introduce new destinations ahead of other carriers.

I remember flying on holiday with Airways International Cymru too - Tony Clemo the owner who lived just up the road from me passed away last year