PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 09:37
Mickey Kaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And there lies the rub

I may be a failed airline pilot but whatever advice I have ever given has been irrelevant from the moment mum and pop turn up at the ’Flyer Live Show’ and listen to the 'Industry Insider’ or the 'Aviation Expert’

However I was around post 1992 (ERM), 2003 (9/11)* and again 2008 when again the market tanked due to the bankers. I’ve seen CABAIR come and go and go and i've known people to lay down 80 Grand on the Friday to the Pilot Training College only for them to go bust on the following Monday**. I can also relate to chemotheraphy and radiotheraphy and trying to make a living without a medical.

So to be honest your not warning us of anything. Who you need to warn are the young kids being suckered in by the marketing machine.The MPL is a lemon and you brought it.

What your lad does have going for him is youth and ATPL theory passes. Sadly the MPL isn’t worth much at the moment and I’m not a sure the industry needs another 200 hour fATPL holder either.

Any flying like glider towing is out of the question unless you have some gliding experience. So I would suggest adding an SEP rating to the MPL build some hours and then do a FI course. Then try an find some weekend work. When the market picks up attempt the CPL and IR skills test. Sadly the average 70 hour MPL holder can’t even do a balanced turn so you looking at a significant amount of cost if you went straight to the CPL or IR.

Just to show I do have some Integrity if you can track me down I’ll wave the examiner fee for the SEP skills test***. Perhaps you could ring your MPL provider and see if they will do the same?

* Not really I didn’t have a medical

* Believe it or not but 3 months later this person laid down another 100 grand for an MPL. Sadly they have just been made redundant but lucky they do now have an ATPL.

** You can thank the person that did this for me many years ago

Last edited by Mickey Kaye; 21st Apr 2020 at 10:20.