PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 09:12
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrKipling
I hear you Rex and I haven't looked at the figures, however, 16k is still more than 0 isnt it. I presume the bottom 20% aren't ready to do the jobs of the top 20% either?

LIFO on its own apparently isn't legal, however as someone else said it is if there is a mix of ages in the bottom 20% and lets face it at all of the bigger companies where people used to want to work they have a good spread of ages.
the other point to consider is that anyone above about the age of 55 could be categorised as an at risk group. It may well be the best plan to send the over 55/60s off to furlough for a while whilst this blows through - there may even need to be temporary command upgrades required to cope. Looks like community immunity is the only way out of this pickle with no vaccine in sight. After Thalidomide the medical research profession will refuse to cut standards, unless it’s for
life saving treatment. That means that unless there is a controlled release put in place for this, the global economy won’t survive. The media coverage preparing populations for this has already started.