PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 07:00
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dc9-32
Superb thread and photos. Is it me or are there no shots of Air UK F27's (other than with gear collapsed), 146's, SH360's and the Air UK Leisure 737's ?
​​​​​​Air UK hasn't been mentioned in great detail yet. We've discussed the formation and the history of Air UK Leisure which I think that you were part of.

I wanted to cover the US Affinity charters along with the history of Channel Airways and the Scandinavian tour operators behind the Scandinavian visitors during the seventies and eighties which we did on pages 1 and 2.

Quite a few photos from the old fire dump, visitor's to ATEL although there are more to come. The incident involving the Flying Tigers DC8 and much more.
​​​​​​
I've started a discussion today regarding London Stansted Airport and it's history with "scheduled" trans-Atlantic flights starting with Highland Express. Next airline to be discussed will be American Airlines and it's history with London Stansted Airport.

As your aware I've recently uploaded quite a few photos of the Scandinavian airlines that visited London Stansted Airport during the seventies and eighties. (Including Transwede) 😉

Rather than mish mash the discussions and photos I thought that it would make more sense to concentrate on one topic at a time.

I will eventually get around to discussing Air UK as well as Air UK Leisure and their operations at London Stansted Airport at some point but not for now!

Obviously others can upload photos and discuss what ever they feel appropriate, it's not for me to set the rules but I think it's quite a good idea to focus on one topic at a time otherwise it can all get a bit confusing.

Hopefully your appreciate where I'm coming from 🤗