PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 04:38
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clvf88
Would this be the MOA that had a section of it suspended just a month or so ago when it didnt suit?
the very same one that was suspended in full agreement with BALPA, and as I’m sure you’re aware. It was just a small subsection of schedule F that is suspended. That being, to allow fleets in surplus to have a supplementary bid processed before PRIAM. But I’m sure you knew that..
I’m fact i understand as I was on the online meeting today that BA are very much inside with BALPA on all of this.
I think there will be some tough decisions ahead, but as it stands, I don’t see CR being on the cards at BA yet. I think we can find ways to keep everyone employed until it picks up again, which it will.
the MOA is our contract with our employer and without agreement, BA need to follow the law and any changes either agreed, or if it wishes to serve notice on any part it has to make a legal case and serve 90 days notice. There is legal precedent within our airline from 2008 when BA filed the HR1 for 140 MPE. I understand, from the chair of the BACC at the time, it was their intention to use qualified LIFO.
As a group we took some pain back then, and I’m sure we can do again.