PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 23:49
SSDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who on earth said NAS had been doing things well before they chose to try and turn thing around? You won't find anyone who will defend the company structure pre-"FOCUS19" as they called it. However, as I said before, things were changing for the better. Far better. It's never to late to turn things around and for that they deserve some credit.

As far as parts of the company going bust. Norwegian has been running out of money for some time, and as for the countries who still demand 70% or so paid salary during these hard times it was the straw that broke the camels back. What else should the company do? Just lay down and die for the sake of "What's right". At least people are now ironically left with a fighting chance until the 4th of May in the remaining countries before the final decisions will be made on NAS's fate. Many, many companies are build on the fact that there are flexibility to close down parts to save the core-business. It's just how business is done in a globalised world. Now I do not agree with all of the previous ways the company was run, but for me, it is impressive to see the change that has been going on for the last 18months or so. I have many friends in Norwegian (I used to work there myself until I had a chance to go home) and I have always been impressed with how much "can do" spirit there was amongst the crew.

And I actually think those 1500 pilots are able to see the big picture in what's going on. This is the biggest crisis on the aviation job-market since.... Well... forever. If you only direct your anger at the company, you have been paying very little attention to what is going on in the world right now. Even the most robust and stable companies are in full-on damage control mode. Nothing about what we see right now is normal, and not a single person on the planet knows were we are in 2-4-6-8 months. How on earth should any company act right now?

People tend to dwell on the past when it comes to Norwegian whilst completely ignoring were it was headed in terms of both the vision and the actual finances for 2020. It was, and still is a company with great potential and very good people. People who deserve more than the "keyboard warrior" comments on this forum as of lately.

Stay safe and Let's hope we all make it through this after all. Same goes for you "truckflyer".