PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 23:23
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSDK
So you base every decision in your life on probability? NAS was in for the best result in their history, whilst having completely restructured the company in the process for the better with a completely new management. Should you never take a chance with something that is about to turn around? would you do the same with people?

Besides, You are speaking as if everybody in NAS has always had a much better choice? If you are from Norway, Sweden or Denmark - Where else would you go? Who on earth would have been able to compete with the contracts they had in those countries? And is it always better to commute in the name of "just in case"?

I'm sorry, but your comment makes very little sense in the context of living a normal life with other needs than "having a 100% secure job with the best T&C's in the bizz". Besides, I see a lot of hating on Norwegian T&C's? Have you guys actually seen a contract from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain or the UK? Or is it all from the usual twisted "cockpit gossip"?

As RexBanner says, we are all caught with our pants down at the moment. Only question is who get's to sit when the music stops next time?! Wish the best for ALL your colleagues in aviation right now. Behind the eternal talks of T&C's, old grudges and uneducated opinions are real people who are about to experience possibly the biggest personal crisis in their lifetime.

Get ride of the "I'm alright jack" mentality and show some support!
Well the contracts for Denmark, Sweden, Spain and UK might have great TC's, but what good is that, when they can stop them just like they did today, that kind of makes a your statement about the great TC's a mute point.

As for Norwegians overall issues, COVID 19 was the straw that broke the camels back, just like FlyBe, however NAS had massive problems long before the virus hit them. Massive restructure, deferring loan payments, billions in debts, hardly any cash, expanded to fast, NAS have been wounded for a long time. There are threads many years back on NAS problems, this thread was started September 2019, again before COVID 19 occured.

Defend NAS business model, and talk about how great it is, while I am sure there are over 1500 pilots today, who disagree with this sentiment.