PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus- Rostering and Seating Issues
Old 20th Apr 2020, 22:23
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Dark Stanley;10757242]
Originally Posted by Trossie
Wrong.

The fastest growing populations are in the least 'globalised' parts of the world.

Man is the only life-form that is actively involved in deliberate nature conservation. And it is the wealthier, more capitalist of man's societies that does the most. All other lifeforms just devour as much as they can.

Of course there’s no spill over from globalisation, especially from the highly evolved western world that throws away more food than it consumes, especially with all the conservation and all that. The worlds ills are all the fault of the over reproducing third world. Let’s just carry on shall we...Comparing mankind to the greedy natural world is, frankly absurd. As far as we’re aware there’s only one species on the planet that is truly consciously aware. Pigeons you say....I truly want to cry. If you’re a professional pilot surely you can see how fundamentally ridiculous that comparison is...

There are many, many, more educated and informed and vastly more intelligent commentators that are and have been warning for a long time, that the current course that we are on will not end well.

Do I have a pet peeve with the current world capitalist structure? No.....I’m absolutely terrified that we seem to have no idea how to evolve from it....
we start by accepting that a few tens of millions less on the planet at the end of this year is probably no bad thing for the planet.

Unfortunately, the crowd that seem to support locking down the economy and laying a nuclear wasteground to our state finances are usually the same people who bleat on about a lack of anti malarial drugs, inequality and protecting everyone from NCov, no matter what the cost. The two don’t add up. Either you want to “save the planet” (hint, nature doing a pretty good job at the moment) or you want to save everyone. You can’t have both.