PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 20:35
Whitemonk Returns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good riddance to NAS

I am glad the families of these crews will be kept afloat with the JRS over the coming months but what do people expect working for companies with these dodgy contract arrangements? I appreciate no one could forsee Covid 19 but these men and women working for the likes of Wizz Air or Norweigen deserve very little sympathy. We are all responsible for the decisions we make, and who our employer is has to be among the biggest ones we have control over.

I flew with a great Captain years ago who told me how he had spent a few days in a row moping about his house as a young man after some unfortunate luck. His father called him into the living room and told him to go upstairs and look himself in the mirror and tell himself: 'Everything is my F-ing fault'... He still tells himself this every day, and the guy is a legend.

Its like Ryanair crews complaining they get treated like ****, what do you expect?! We live in a world, and particularly an industry, where nobody is prepared to take responsibility for where they end up.