PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 20:20
a350pilots

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by larki
Hi there
although I am not a pilot I am the father of a 21year old who went down the road of mpl training with easyjet and completed his full training plus simulator at gatwick on airbus a320 only to have his contract voided bu easyjet three days before his base training to get his licence, I know these are unprecedented times but he was so close to getting his licence and now it has left him with a £125k bill to pay and no job, We are also concerned about how long his certification will last before it will need renewing, he has got a reply from BALPA who cannot really help in the present circumstances.
Sorry to hear. Welcome to the airline world. I have witnessed 9 11 and the financial crisis 2008 with a massive downturn, and it took many years until airlines were recruiting again. The severity of this current crisis you can multiply times 10.

The license is valid for one year and pretty useless without hours in type.
21 years and he is not even able to write this himself? At that stage, I was writing to all airlines on my own.

Good luck to your son, the first thing to start is to take responsibility on his own. If he remains strong and resilient, he will eventually find his way
into a flight deck. But this will not be an easy ride.

Last edited by a350pilots; 20th Apr 2020 at 20:30.