PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 20th Apr 2020, 18:47
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarryMG
Gyus, let's not spread misinformation here.
First of all - the bonus for flying from OFF is currently around 60/100/200 EUR for FO/SFO/CPT respectively. So 150EUR for flying from off is nothing special.
Second - if you are on local contract, you get all the sick pays etc. as per the local law. So don't blame the company, blame the local NHS. If you're on Confair, YOU are responsible for paying taxes, health insurance etc. wherever you seem appropriate. So again, if you don't get a proper sick pay, blame either your NHS wherever you're paying taxes, or blame yourself for dodging payments. Also nobody forces anybody to go on Confair, you can always go local and get proper health insurance.

I'm not saying Wizz is perfect, far from it - but at least please get the facts straight.
"bonus" for day off, that is anyway a joke of a payment, "real" airlines give you 300 - 1000 Euros a day to work a day off. NAS FO's would get 500 Euros.

As for the tax system, do you really want to go there? Local or Non - Local, you are paying taxes to Switzerland? WTF? You are "self employed" in Confair contract, at same time you get a Swiss employment contract. Very nice......
And than a friend of mine working now at Wizz, was surprised and disappointed why Wizz was getting help from the Hungarian government.....
Well 5 months ago he was boasting of not paying any taxes being based in Romania, and now he wants government help, you just can't make these things up.

While he just recently returned to Wizz, for the exact reason to avoid paying any tax, as the double tax treaty with Switzerland is extremely flawed.
As for the sick day, they would just a days salary from your pay for every sick day. I seem to recall it was around 111 Euros as SFO.

Of course this encourages people to work when sick.
Equally the current pay structure, Tesco Basic pay + very high sector pay, so better don't be sick or fatigue, because you are going to pay for from your own pocket big time.

Besides that, nothing of course beats the Cabin Crew or the girls of VNO, or the bars and restaurants there, specially before they go the Euros, so of course there was some positive things there.