PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 09:20
FI 21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by larki
Hi there
although I am not a pilot I am the father of a 21year old who went down the road of mpl training with easyjet and completed his full training plus simulator at gatwick on airbus a320 only to have his contract voided bu easyjet three days before his base training to get his licence, I know these are unprecedented times but he was so close to getting his licence and now it has left him with a £125k bill to pay and no job, We are also concerned about how long his certification will last before it will need renewing, he has got a reply from BALPA who cannot really help in the present circumstances.
I am sorry to hear that larki but like others have said here the best is to convert the licence into a frozen ATPL and if possible do some uni or any job (if dont want to have another loan) and then wait until all this goes. When I finished my ATPL in 2004 there were not many jobs available in the airlines so my father suggested to do a flying instructor course and that was the best thing for me at that moment, I was able to find a job in a FTO and spent 3 years flying as a flight instructor, I also towed gliders.
Maybe general aviation and uni or a job at the same time could help and your son should be ready with his knowledge fresh when the airlines recruit again.

Al the best!