PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 09:02
Saintly

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tail wheel
You are now a Creditor of Virgin: your refund and Frequent Flyer points are in limbo.

Wait for the Administrator's Report to Creditors. This is not necessarily a re-run of 4 March 2002.

I suggest if this is a re-run of 4 March 2002 God help the Australian domestic airline passengers who are about to get screwed - which the Federal Government will be acutely aware of.

The 29 October 2011 was the day Qantas lost the trust and support of the Australian people, which I doubt will ever be recovered.

I was told by a friend that I had to cancel my flight before VA announced voluntary administration. That way my flight would of gone into credit and id get some sort of refund back as id be a creditor. But seeing as though I didnt do that - my flight still stands as normal and scheduled for November and i will lose money on the airfare cos VA have now announced voluntary administration. Bear in mind that my flight was a cheap airfare and non-refundable.

So does it matter either way? I lose out anyway regardless if i cancelled flight and asked to put flight into credits or left it as it was which i did? Is this correct?