PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 08:52
Malakor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ND_98
Hi again everyone,
Last month I successfully passed my RAAF OSB for pilot. Is there anyone else on this forum who is currently awaiting a letter of offer?
Also, I currently work full time and have not studied since i graduated high school in 2016. I undertook an extension mathematics bridging course last year, after i was told in 2017 that my mathematics was not competitive enough to send me to the old flight screening program when that used to run. Is there any other short courses or study that I could take on to make my application look better? I am considering starting a 3 year aviation based degree but not sure if it is worth taking on such a big commitment at this stage.
Thanks.
Congratulations passing the OSB! This is a great time to join the RAAF if aviation is your goal, the civil world is going to take a while to recover from this hit.

As for uni courses, I query why you think you need to make yourself more attractive as a candidate? If you passed and received a recommendation then it's locked in for now. I'm not too familiar with the new screening process, do they tell you how well you performed?

I personally wouldn't worry about the degree for now, I think there's other avenues you can go down to make yourself look better if that's what you're after (community service, volunteer work etc). Besides, if you get in you can study on the government dollar if you still want to do a degree.