PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2020, 05:30
dboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole discussion of saving airline companies is giving me an itchy-feeling. Why giving a self-declared airline, who is knocking on his chest that they are doing x-amount of flights a week, most of them to destinations i can hardly pronounce the name and doing all kinds of bits and pieces. They already have the PSO contracts so i dont see any need to grant them loans or anything. I dont see any use of it. Where does it stop???? What bothers me a lot, it is my money, tax money, money i had to work for. I believe that airlines should be rescued or bailed out for tactical and strategic reasons, reasons that protect the country and its economy against non-domestic companies or forces. Saving Easyjet, BA all ok for me because they generate a huge economy. But plz not saving just any airline. Very soon person A can set up a company, starting with 100 C150 or Pa28, claiming doing 1000 flights between X and Y and then asking money to save their operations, whatever that is. On top it will only lead to raising taxes again. I rather see the money invested in a good railway system, traffic infrastructure, NHS or something else that the general public benefits from, but not some Saab/Otter-operations to some hillbilly destinations nobody heard of for a fistful of ppl.

Be sure that the bond brothers are getting more money than they will invest themselves.

The world has to come to a sense now.

Anyway, all the best for the crew. Hard times ahead.