PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 23:20
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GAZIN

Those photos are excellent, I'd go as far to say that they are my favourites so far uploaded ☺

​​​​​​I know that Worldways Canada used London Stansted Airport during the 1980's but I never saw any personally. I've never even seen any photos of Worldways Canada at London Stansted Airport before either, so your photo is like gold dust 🤗

You don't have any other photos of Worldways Canada at London Stansted Airport by any chance? Perhaps a photo of one of their DC8-63's. I saw them many times at London Gatwick Airport but would love to see one taken at London Stansted Airport.

The Arrow Air photos are also excellent. Can you remember if these were one off flights or a regular summer charter series of flights into London Stansted Airport. Arrow Air we're regulars at London Gatwick Airport during the same period.

Great shot of the Wardair DC10-30, again I never personally saw one at London Stansted Airport as it was usually scheduled as a Boeing 747.

Looking forward to more photos taken from the same period at London Stansted Airport.

Although London Stansted Airport has always been a favourite of mine from the 1970's onwards it wasn't frequented as often as London Gatwick Airport or London Heathrow Airport were which were my playground's every weekend and summer holidays.

I'm not touching either London Gatwick Airport or London Heathrow Airport in the Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia thread thread as both airport's are well documented. I started this thread to try and document the history of London Stansted Airport and the airline's that previously used the airport.

I was hoping to start a discussion during the week about London Stansted Airport and it's history with trans-Atlantic flights and in particular those flights from American Airlines, Continental Airlines, EOS, Highland Express, Maxjet and Premair.

As I've already mentioned in a previous post, we've more or less touched on the subject regarding American Airlines and Highland Express but I feel that there is so much more to add.

We've already discussed the affinity charters by US airline's during the seventies on page 1 of the Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia thread.

​​​​​​I don't feel the need for photos taken at London Gatwick Airport to be added to the London Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia thread. It's photos taken of aircraft at London Stansted Airport that counts towards the thread.