PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 20:20
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David - I'm not in any way criticising any of the LM crew. But the fact they are carrying PPE to Island amongst other things in the COVID effort is not necessarily a blessing, Logan aren't doing that out of the good of their hearts. Its strictly commercial. It could have been loaded on to the Western Atlantic ATP if need be.

I fully expect that Logans owners are going to have to offer something in order to get any deal, but Saab is right that we don't know what that is.

My point is the same - finances aside - you have to consider the exceptional case for any bailout by any Government to keep the airline afloat. It can't and won't be an emotional decision, it'll be economically driven. At least from London. Not necessarily from the Scottish Gov.

With regards to IOM, there are other operators now knocking at the door that were either 1) at the table when BE collapsed but Logan were favoured or 2) weren't at the table previously but now see additional availability of aircraft over the next 18-24months.

The time of panic to recover the former BE routes to/from IOM is over and operators would sooner race for new revenue opportunities post-COVID than shrink their fleets & staff.