PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 14:56
Paul737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737lpa,

Ryanair does not have more than 500. They actually have about 440. Many of them are pretty old and a lot where about to be replaced by the MAXs. Of course there is no need to talk about the MAX situation. And the (sad)truth is having seen how OŽleary works, if that helps to make Norwegian go bust, of course RYANAIR would be interested in buying lot of 737 from Norwegian. I wouldn't be surprised if he has already been talking with the 737 lessors about that possibility.

My opinion (and a lot of people in Scandinavia as well) is that Norwegian is not profitable in its current form. No matter what Jacob said about they where heading to the best summer ever but he showed no proof of that (if that was the case the cash flow would have been way better). You only had to check the load factor before the corona crisis.

I think the company will be saved by Scandinavia, but not to become a small regional airline and do only intra-scandinavian flights as you mentioned. They will close all the bases outside Scandinavia and from there compete with SAS having around 80 aircrafts (including some 787s) flying to and from the rest of Europe.

Last edited by Paul737; 19th Apr 2020 at 15:11.