PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 14:25
737lpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul737,

1.- RYANAIR does not need to buy 737 from norwegian because the have over 500 of them on the line and over 200 on order.
2.- I haven't said that "creditors believe in norwegian as a global business", I have said that, for them to swap their debt into equity they either believe in norwegian as a global player (and not as a small regional airline based in OSL) or else they would just let the company go bust and recover their assets.
3.- Of course there will be companies wishing they could replace their 76īs for 78īs, but you need to be financially sound for that, and many won't be after this is over, hence RYR will be one of the very few to be able do that.
4.- In regards to your last statement, whether norwegian can be profitable or not, is precisely what the lessors, bondholders and creditors will have to believe in order to agree or not. Unfortunately the situation is what it is and it won't be easy for anyone, including employees and shareholders.

But in my opinion, one thing is certain. Norwegian will not be rescued (by either creditors or Norway) to become a small regional airline. It simply doesn't make sense. And that was the point of my previous post, as there are many comments in the thread implying that the new norwegian will be based in Oslo and make their money from an intra-scandinavian market, something impossible to materialise due to their size.