PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the future of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 13:52
squidie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So hard to say what’s going to happen when the majority of the European outbreaks are about half way through the first waves. I’m saying this because there is highly likely to be another wave once lock downs start to be uplifted a little. With very little, and also not fully understood, herd immunity then long range plans are simply a day dream now.

Flight training right now is not a necessity, nor is private flying. So what’s going to happen to these flights in the future is unknown, but I personally feel there will be intermittent lock downs throughout the next 12 months at least. I’m speak for the UK here where I am but can’t see many other countries adopting other methods apart from some seem to have better testing schemes. That’ll be the long term key to controlling this virus before any sort of herd immunity.

So I guess if we end up going back to normality in the near future then we’ll all be thinking about distancing from one another where possible, so therefore sitting comfortably side-by-side in an SEP doesn’t seem to fit into this very well. When thinking about necessities, people getting in a taxi or a train to work is necessary, whereas your SEP renewal or P1 flight for currency isn’t. I think we all can agree with that.

I have a family member in the UK who has been advised that their integrated-ATPL course in Spain is a go ahead at the beginning of next month. This is from 0 hours to fATPL so I’m keen to see how this plans out as an example.