PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Social distancing a joke
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 12:32
Hoosten

Received 68 Likes on 21 Posts
I was on the VIrgin flight SYD MEL on the day you mention (April 13) and I can assure you that the middle seats were not blocked off. Sure there were some that were vacant as it was not a totally full flight, but there were many rows, including mine, that had all three seats occupied
On my arrival to Melbourne I had a socially distanced coffee with a Virgin employee who told me they were blocking the middle seat.

I understand your position on the pointlessness of social distancing in the lounge/aerobridge, when you are boarding an aircraft where social distancing can’t really apply, but really, a “a death stare” towards someone just doing his/her job and asking for social distancing on the bridge?
Christ, here we go again, 'a death stare' How many times do I have to repeat myself here? I DID NOT DEATH STARE ANYONE. I asked the question and got a BLANK STARE in return.

In fact the Cabin Crew, Check In staff etc should be praised, as on your flight (and every other no matter what brand) put themselves at risk due to having more close contact with passengers than you most likely would have had.
I appreciate anyone going to work in this environment, but no, they didn't have any close contact. The did not touch anything, boarding passes or anything associated with the passengers.

So as frustrating pointless requirements may be, perhaps cut a little slack, and leave the “death stare” for times it might have a place.
Again, read my posts, For Chrissakes.