PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air announces 1,000 redundancies as it cuts 19% of workforce
Old 19th Apr 2020, 11:13
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlexToga
Base Captains had a lot of hand with this issue and did the dirty job for the company. After they revealed a list with all fired pilots, I could see a very diverse group of pilots, from LTC who were in the company for more than 10 years, CAPT, F/O and cadets. I personally know some guys that are on that list and I can say they weren't the favorites of the base. They included as well a lot of guys from Confair and floating. Lots of Italians have been fired...looks like the company has been waiting for them. From my point of view they knew to who to fire long time ago.
This probably means that the doors are now permanently closed for these guys, even when demand picks up and the company starts hiring again. Why would you hire someone who has already been labelled as a troublemaker and blacklisted if you can instead choose someone else who is happy to play by the rules if that means a paycheck and hours in the logbook? And there will be no shortage of potential candidates for any flight deck role for the foreseeable future.