PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The South China Sea's Gathering Storm
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 10:59
Toadstool

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by weemonkey
As both myself and spouse are in the "recovery" phase of the Wuhan pestilence trust me when I say that the UK giving the CCP a reminder of the term "free navigation" is the very LEAST of options that are going through my mind at present.

The world has to stand up to this regime, this regime that has unleashed such a catastrophic disease upon the world.

The UK, the mother of all democracies, we should be in the forefront of RETRIBUTION.

Or are you just another Kier Starmer/ Bill Gates. [ dodgy knight of the realm, multi millionaire and NOT a Dr] ?
WM

firstly, I hope you and your spouse recover fully from this awful virus. My Ex wife is a nurse and caught this while treating people at hospital. She tells me that it was the most vile despicable thing that she has ever gone through. She rang the ambulance at one point due to difficulties in breathing. Triage was that extreme that they told her she didn't need an ambulance because she could say a sentence without coughing or fainting so wasn't a priority.

I am wondering what you mean by standing up to China? What retribution are you thinking? Do you honestly think that China deliberately unleashed this upon the world while killing its own citizens; a biological MAD policy? Personally I don't think this is the case.

Should you wish retribution, there are two options, IMHO, that could be used. Firstly we could hit them economically. This would involve a whole-world effort and agreement to hit China where it hurts and economically isolate China. Bring back all factories. Don't buy Chinese goods. Stop all trade whatsoever. Expel Chinese workers etc. This may bring China to the table with the idea of claiming some sort of compensation tied with guarantees that they stop whatever practices we wish for them to stop. On the other hand, with their backs to the wall, the Chinese may push back militarily or financially. Call in all debts etc.
We could hit them militarily but this is something that I would not suggest. We would lose more than we would hope to gain.

Is there any chance, once you get better, that you could give us an idea of what your idea of Retribution is please?