PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus- Rostering and Seating Issues
Old 19th Apr 2020, 08:44
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already have and am doing active volunteering locally. it’s not me that needs to take a chill pill. Some people need to wake up though. I don’t do leisure.

Todays headline in the Times:

The second “amber” phase, beginning in late May or early June, would see more shops and businesses reopen, all employees urged to return to work and some small social gatherings permitted. Pubs and restaurants and larger events such as sport and concerts would not be phased in until July or later in the summer.

However, ministers warn that the over-70s and those who are particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus will be stuck on a “red” light for months. They will have to wait until there is a vaccine before resuming normal life. This third phase may not be possible until the autumn of next year.
The reason:

Ministers have been spooked by an “apocalyptic” Treasury report, warning that failure to ease restrictions in “the next few weeks” would mean six out of 10 businesses will be out of cash within 12 weeks. One source said that failure to act would mean “there won’t be anything left of the economy”.
This isn’t risking the leisure industry. It’s risking the whole economy. personally think it needs to be the over 55s and much earlier. The medical establishment have had too much control.

Other countries will have to choose to destroy their economic output or do the same. Things will get moving pretty quickly, supply chains cannot do half way house with Just in Time. It’s either on or off.

Last edited by VinRouge; 19th Apr 2020 at 09:17.