PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem with Outlook
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 06:52
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket2
Hi - recently I've been getting Spam (sometimes quite threataning) that while I can report (I assume that this is looked at) but cannot block the sender. Is there anything I can do? I have Avast (free version) installed & run deep scans to see if there's anything lurking, nonthing to date.
Thanks for your help
R2
There is a problem with excess spam going to Outlook mail accounts that started overwhelmingly about 9 months ago - coincidentally for me too. You are not alone.
Here is the MS outlook support thread which clearly shows that Outlook/MS mail has an issue with unwanted piles of spam whereas Yahoo/Gmail do not....

You may have to log into MS outlook support forum to read it but it confirms what is the issue -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-f946b4884999

First post Aug 18th 2019 from Emma
Title - Massive increase in junk emails
Hi - I still have an old Hotmail account that I use on outlook.com. In the last few weeks I've gone from receiving about 10 junk emails a day (into my junk folder) to about 50 a day (still into my junk folder)! I always go through and block every single email that is definitely junk, so why am I suddenly getting so many?? I keep seeing the same subject lines in there too, it's getting really frustrating having to go through them and check for emails that aren't junk, and then blocking the rest - if I don't look for a few days I might have nearly 200, which is insane!! Please help!

There now 45 pages of replies with the same issue including me!