PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2020, 04:05
Flash Blackman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dctPub
How would you feel if you rocked up to Air NZ and there were 100 spots reserved above you, yet you were told nothing about this? That's an easy 5 years of seniority that you lost because someone neglected to mention that to you.

Wait his turn? By that logic the most senior T&R pilot has been waiting 18 years to get into Air NZ? Now that is some Group Loyalty™
Perhaps he should get used to the fact that in history there have been a lot of changes. What one gets told before they sign up for a job and what happens after are two different things. Thats civil aviation life for you! Maybe he will stay in his new chopper job and give up his seniority spot to those unemployed pilots he was so worried about, now hes gainfully employed. From what I know about the group both the jet and regional fleets have been "shafted" from numerous changes after the fact.

My advice to him: Sorry princess, thats life

edit: this character is also wanting to change the terms of an agreement. That’s changing the landscape for those affected which could be put in the same basket as “no one told me this was going to happen”.

Last edited by Flash Blackman; 19th Apr 2020 at 04:32.